Sunday, May 6, 2012

Will this video card work in my computer?

Ok, for Christmas I got a new video card. It's a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Graphics Accelerator. The computer I want to add it to is a Dell Dimension E521. I just got it last Christmas so it's fairly new. It has all the stock components on it. I just need to know if this card is compatible with what I have right now, and if it's not, then what I would need to get.|||That particular video card is PCI express (PCIe). You have slots toward the back of your computer on the motherboard. You need to make sure you have at lease one PCIe slot. If you do, then you should be able to plug the card right in and install the software on the CD that came with the video card.|||Yes, it will probably work. But you need the 2x PCIe (6 pin) connectors. If you don't have these, you can't feed the card, and it won't start. Even though, the motherboard is PCIe x16, and the card is the upgraded, 2.0 version. This means it wont run it at full power.|||yes because i have one and it is DDR2 and i have the same computer, i got one 4 x-mas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment