Friday, May 4, 2012

What compatible video card for compaq presario SR1550NX?

below is all the info on the computer. about two years ago I put in a visiontek radeon HD2400 pro AGP video card to support the new monitor I bought. The monitor is a Gateway FPD1975w. it has 720p and 1440x900 res. recently my daughter has been playing club penguin and a few other kid games online and once in a while, the monitor would shut off and say no signal. then yesterday it kept doing it and then I couldn't get it to run windows unless it was in safe mode. So I uninstalled the drivers for the video card and the computer works just fine now, just everything on the screen is really big. I took out the video card and a couple of the fan blades were cracked and the basically the fan on the card is junk now. I kept getting the blue screen that said there was a problem with ait2dvag file. my computer also didn't want to install the drivers because it said there was a problem with the signature. So I'm looking for a new card that is compatible with windows xp home edition and will work with my monitor and play some games on the computer. I'm not a gamer but my daughter likes to play her games online. i figure those games wouldn't bog down the card like that, but it only happened when she was playing the computer. is it worth buying a new card or should i upgrade some components or just get a new computer? also, am I stuck with AGP or can I go PCI and which is better? thanks in advance



Product number

PY059AA

Introduction date

23-May-2005

Hardware

Base processor

Athlon 64 3400+ 2.4 GHz

1600 MT/s (Mega Transfers/second)

Socket 754



Chipset

SIS 760

Motherboard

*

Manufacturer: Asus

Motherboard Name: K8S-LA

HP/Compaq motherboard name: Salmon-GL6E



Memory

Component Attributes

Memory Installed 512 MB (1 x 512)

Maximum allowed 2 GB (2 x 1GB) requires the replacement of the installed 512 MB DIMM

Speed supported PC3200 MB/sec

Type 184 pin, DDR SDRAM

DIMM slots Two

Open DIMM slots One

Hard drive



*

200 GB SATA

*

7200 rpm



16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive

Attributes

Modem

PCI K56flex data/fax modem

Video graphics

Integrated with up to Up to 128MB allocated video memory

Sound/audio

* Controller: AC97 audio

* Location: Integrated



Network (LAN)

Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface

Memory card reader





Port type Quantity

PS/2 (keyboard, mouse) Two (one each)

VGA (monitor) One

Parallel One

Serial One

USB (2.0) Four

IEEE 1394 One

LAN One

Audio One each (line-in, line-out, microphone)

Expansion slots

Slot type Quantity

PCI Three (two available)

AGP One (available)

DIMM Two (one available)

Drive bays

Bay type Quantity

5.25-inch, external Two (occupied)

3.5-inch, external Two (one available)

3.5-inch, internal One (occupied)

Keyboard and mouse



Operating System

* Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition|||Up to date minimum upgrade (motherboard-cpu-ram) will get around 150-200$.|||anybody else have an intelligent answer. Don't quite understand how motherboard, cpu, ram will get me 150-$200. If that's what it will cost me, then I understand the answer, but still doesn't answer any of the questions I asked in my statement. Retards voting for uninformative answers

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment