Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just recently rebuilt my computer from the ground up. Now I need a Video Card to match the new system.?

I recently replace many components in my computer, practically rebuilt the thing minus harddrives and external hardware. Currently I have this set up:



Antec 900 Case

M3A78 Pro Motherboard

AMD Phenom II 920 Quad

8gbs G.Skill RAM (4 sticks, 2gb each)

Diamond X1950 Radeon ATI 512mb Card

1TB Harddrive

Misc Bells and Whistles



Now, the problem is my video card is a bit old. It doesn't support DirectX 10. Honestly though, as much as I know about computers, Video Cards have always confused the hell out of me. So I'm looking for a nice card around 100 bucks if possible that equal or betters the power of my card, just supports DirectX 10. It definitely need to be ATI, as I'm not a fan of NVidia. Any suggestions?|||An ATI 3870 or 4830 is probably what you want. The 3870 is probably a better deal right now.|||I think you are smart to get one in the 100 dollar range as you will be able to next year get another one like it for about 60 dollars and use both. Video cards are somewhat confusing but just know this--the speed is a combination of the clock speed, and memory speed, and bit interface, and number of pixel shaders( some have 120 and good ones have 800) 256 bit is good for now, next year 512 bit will be the norm. You need to average all these together in your mind. It's somewhat of an educated guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment