Monday, May 7, 2012

Video card has S-video to component cable but I need composite?

My computer's new nVidia brand video card has S-video out but the incl. cable is s-video - component. I have an s-video - composite cable but it doesn't seem to work with this card (it worked with three previous ATI brand cards). At first I thought the TV-out component was just broken so I sent it back but the new card won't work either. Any ideas?|||Also, go into your adapter properties and make sure that the analog TV out is enabled. I screwed around with this for an hour before I caught it....duh!|||Take an Ohm Meter and check to if the Center conductor is not shorted to the Shield!



The S-Video may not be the problem. The TV may have an S-Video Input may not be connected internally or be configured with the TV controller.



Thanks, RR

No comments:

Post a Comment