Monday, May 7, 2012

Can I watch Blu-ray movies via component video with a non-HDCP video card?

Hi everyone.



I have an old nVidia 7300GS card and I'm considering buying a Blu-ray drive for watching movies on a Mitsubishi HC1500 720p projector. Of course, since my DVI out is not HDCP compliant, I can't use that output for watching movies. I plan to use the component video out, taking advantage of the "analog hole".



Will it work?



System details:

Core 2 Duo 6300

2 GB of RAM

Intel mainboard

SATA inputs on the mainboard



I know the system is capable of handling 1080p video, because 1080p trailers downloaded from the Apple site look smooth.|||HDCP stands for High Definition Content Protection.

If it is HDCP capable that means that you can put

protection on it so no one can copy it (copy protection, DRM)

No comments:

Post a Comment