Sunday, May 6, 2012

Do higher end monitors require a better video card to function correctly?

I have a pretty run of the mill 9500 GT video card. It was great when I first got it but like all PC components, as time passes it is starting to show its age compared to the new system requirements for new games coming out.



Anyway, I have a so-so 19" non-wide screen Dell monitor. I was thinking of getting something like the ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p, 2ms monitor but wasn't sure if my video card could handle it or if thinking about this was even an issue at all.



So my question is: If I get the ASUS monitor, can I just plug it in and it will work with no problems? Or will it not work because my video card is average? Or do I need to look somewhere to find out - and where would be the place that I look?



Thank you!|||I have that exact same video card, 4 years old and I am running a Acer 22" wide screen at 1680x1050 and a HP 17" at 1024x768 (dual monitors) and it runs like a champ! you should have no problems!|||You should run the monitor fine...but I would consider an upgrade if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment