Sunday, May 6, 2012

Can I install *this* video card onto my laptop?

I have a Dell Vostro laptop that I can't remember the exact model of, and currently I have a "Intel HD Graphics" thing doing the job of a video card.

All my other components are OK for gaming and stuff - on system requirements of games, the only thing I usually don't have is the video card - so it's just really the video card that I need to upgrade.



The video card I might buy is Nvidia Geforce 9500GT, and I know that this has no chance of fitting nicely inside my laptop, but is there some kind of way I can have it sticking off the bottom of my computer and having a cable going from it into my computer?

I'm not bothered about the physical appearance of my computer, I am just hoping there is some kind of way I can hook up this video card to it - even if I have to completely take away the bottom part of it so this video card can fit.



Thanks|||No. Laptops are not usually upgradeable in anything but the hard drive and RAM sizes. The reason is that the hardware is all specifically designed for that model alone and the chips are seldom on interchangeable modules.



The only notebook I've ever seen with upgradeable video is AlienWare and then you still had to buy the new card from them.|||so you want to instal that big video card inside a little laptop?

a video card that's meant for desktops only inside a laptop?

No comments:

Post a Comment