Monday, May 7, 2012

Should I upgrade my video card or my motherboard?

Hi! I am having this dilema with this PC I built about 2 years ago.



It seems that it can't handle newer games like GT-R or The Sims 2, even though my PC exceeds the system requirements on most of my games (most demanding game I have requires only a 1.0GHz system with 256MB Ram and 128MB video card). The games have that occasional 'hiccup' while playing, and I see my hard drive working longer than usual. The worst is when I quit the games. It takes almost a full minute to exit the game, and again, I see the hard drive working overtime. :-)



My PC is built on an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard, AMD Athlon XP2800 (2.0 GHz), 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM, and ATI Radeon 9600 AGP video card with 128MB.



Would I be better off buying a newer motherboard (like an Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX & an AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 2.60GHz CPU), and transfer all my existing components onto it, or will just buying a faster video card solve my problem?



Thanks|||Upgrade your video card and buy more RAM. You can put these two things into a new system if you want to replace your motherboard (and processor, optionally) later. Your motherboard looks fine, from online specs I've seen of it.



I have 128 Mb card too, and it is slow for online action games like FIFA World Cup 2006, for example. Try and upgrade to a 256Mb video card, or even better, a 512Mb video card.|||I believe try purchasing a better vid card. That is what we have to do because the new Warcraft expansion is too much for my computer. my bil said the vid card would help.|||Common problem with ASUS motherboards.............buy new intel motherboard with Nvidia geforce graphics card...........

if you do not want to spend money then chean up your PC by using System mechanic professional6 .

you can download it from WWW.download.COM|||Well, you are probably more of an expert than me, but I would suggest upgrading the vid card first. The newer mid-range cards come with 512 MB onboard.



Then try going 1 gig on the RAM, and if all that fails, then get a mobo that will transfer your existing components.



I just think your vid card is a little on the low end for today's applications, and the RAM is ok for minimal applications, but if you are running XP, remember that is gonna steal a lot of resources already.|||None of the above. Buy more RAM. Another 512MB would do wonders. Your configuration really isn't much different than mine except that I have an ATI 9700 and 1GB of RAM. While not a screaming machine by today's standards, I can still play newer games (though not at the highest resolutions). More RAM would be the cheapest way to improve your current system's performance.|||You could go either route. If you were to buy a new motherboard you should go with a duel core compatable so that you will not have to do that in the near future to keep up with the games that you are playing. If you go with a new graphics card it could be a temp. solution to the problem but eventually you will need to buy a motherboard. The way that you are talking about the hard drive it could be the hard drive going out on you. Take into consideration the age and the usage of the items that you are using. I would say for a more permanate solution you sould go with the new motherboard, but make sure that you have plenty of memory and a good ghaphics card capapble of the games in which you wish to play.|||You gotta do both and upgrade to atleast 1GB Ram my computer has 2GB ram tho

How good is x1950 pro?

Hi, is x1950 pro good for gaming and if i buy it would it work on all the new games at MAXED out settings wit AASF X16 and AA X8 ?

Please tell me a list of high detail games the x1950 could really really handle good.



Also, is my computer good for gaming? this is my rig:

My computer has the folowing:

AMD athlon 64 3700+ processor

cd/dvd drive

2 gig memory

200GB Hard drive

2 USB drives



Additional Details



11 minutes ago

Is the cpu a high end one?|||that pc you have isnt mint for games unless the ones you said just buy the best one on cyberpowerinc.com The Sli KO

No comments:

Post a Comment