Sunday, May 6, 2012

How can I overclock my intel cpu and Nvidia 8800m gts video card?

I'm going to get Crysis soon. My laptop has over the minimum requirements for the game, but my cpu and video card are just under the recommended requirements.

Does anyone know how I can overclock my cpu and video card in order to reach the requirements, or get them closer to them?

Is there any risk involved to my computer's components involved?

Thanks.

My cpu is an intel duo T5750(2.0ghz).

My Video card is Nvidia 8800m Gts.

I have 3gb of ram.

My computer is windows vista, and i'm running it as super-admin(if it matters).|||Yes, with a laptop you are putting your components at high risk if you overclock.



With a desktop computer, you will generally have better airflow and CPU cooling which will allow your parts to remain cool and safe.



However by overclocking a laptop, you are generating excess amounts of heat which will greatly stress your CPU - laptop CPU coolers are not meant to cool overclocked parts.



My suggestion is to stand clear of overclocking laptops. In fact, many laptop makers will even go so far as to lock the bios to prevent you from doing so. If your laptop is from a major manufacturer such as Dell, Gateway, HP, Compaq, or Acer, you likely don't even have a choice in this matter.|||download riva turner....

and set the core clock and memory clock you want...



this is the video tutorial in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wWSBzZ2x8



download riva turner here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.09-download-163.html

No comments:

Post a Comment