Sunday, May 6, 2012

Laptop Video Card Input?

Hello, I am a big computer gamer, and I was wondering if it is possible to put a video card into a laptop (I know absolutely NOTHING about laptops and its components) I know its possible to put...well basically anything and everything into a CPU Tower, but not sure about laptops. My laptop is a 6200 AVERATEC, AV6210X60-01, AMD athlon XP 2400+, 512 MB DDR, 60 GB HDD. I want a decent video card that will play this game > www.coh.com, they say not to use RADEON. Any help will be muchly appreciated. Thanks, Kyle|||In most cases it is not possible to add a video card to a laptop. They have a closed architecture. Graphics cards are designed for the open architecture of the desktop.



Laptops have graphics chips that are sometimes soldered onto the system board and sometimes they have a dedicated chip. When soldered it can't be change, but sometimes the dedicated chips can be upgraded. You have to check with the manufacture to find out the situation with your laptop.|||http://sewelldirect.com/vtbookpcmciacard…



Try checking out the above site.|||Not in that laptop. There are some newer high end "gaming" laptops that are now coming with them, however, if your laptop is more than a year or so old...it won't have that ability.|||I am glad there is someone with same thinking like mine. I have tried a lot of options to my laptop and here are some answers for you.



If you will ask your maker of pc it will cost too much but I am sure you can not change Video card input like desktop. What I have did myself is, I added external HDD, added extra memory, something is better than nothing.



There are some technicalties to for video card so better refer your maker for consultation.



Note: You can also check which your sound card if you want by going to System/Hardware/Device Manager/Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment