Monday, May 7, 2012

How can I check the video card I have?

I ran msinfo32 and i looked at Component>>Display but it is blank. How can i check what video card i have?



I re-installed windows xp on my comp because of a virus and the graphics

were much better before I wiped out my comp. I bought my comp back in 2004 so it isnt an Nvidia or ATI. Its a compaq.



BEST ANSWER = 10 POINTS!!|||Compaq is just the company who put the pc together. So that doesn't meant its not Nvidia or ATI. In fact if its Compaq you probably don't have an actual card and instead have built in graphics on the motherboard (could still be ATI/Nvidia).



To find what you have click on Start> Run> Type in "devmgmt.msc" and click OK> Look in the list for "Display adapters"> Click the little cross to expand it and you should see the name of you graphics card/chip.|||Just tell me your Compaq model number, I'll tell you which video card you have.



Chances are you need the Intel Graphics Drivers, as it is likely an Intel chipset/Intel Integrated Graphics setup.



It might show the graphics adapter as an Unknown Device in Device Manager.|||Open it up

Or go to device manager in System, and look under video|||Go to pcpitstop.com and take the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment