Sunday, May 6, 2012

Video card and motherboard crashing in Windows Vista and 7?

I had a PC built about 2 years ago. It occasionally crashed w/ WIndows Vista. The crashes were always related to the video card. When I recently upgraded to Windows 7, I expected the problems to go away. They are back and its even more unstable. Its still the video card. Is it possible that the combination of my video card and motherboard is just not right? I'm hoping to just buy a new video card and swap it out. If I'm right, it should correct the stability problems and I should never see any more locked screens or blue screens. This is my basic question: If I'm experiencing video card issues, could it be the combination of components and if I switch cards, can I expect results?



Here is the rig I had built: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4G. 4G ram. ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512mb. My motherboard = Gigabyte ga-ep45-ds3I and my power supply is OCZ StealthXStream 600W.



I know I don't have specific details about the "issues" but they've always involved ATI and "video" related error messages, so I'm certain thats the problem.



ANY insight, advice or suggestions would be very appreciated. BONUS question: How hard will it be to switch video cards?|||its seems like everythings ok unless maybe you have you RAM in the wrong slots? Id say its an issue with vista unless what of you parts just crashed. i mean maybe it could be the bios you should update it but i doubt its the gpu. also dont worry about the pci express x16 bandwidth if your runin crossfire with those two grfx cards you only need x8 bandwidth you wont see a bid difference.|||Both of those are rather popular video cards, so it's probably an issue with your video card in particular. Faulty hardware is one of the major causes of blue screens.



Switching the video card is extremely easy- just open up the computer, pull the old video card out, and put the new one in. Windows 7 should automatically detect the new card and install the drivers as soon as you boot up the computer. Just make sure the card is the same type (considering the age of the computer, probably PCI Express 2.0 x16)|||Hi, Credit_Pro



There are 3 step to repair windows vista crashing error



I had the same problem, My friend helped me fix it, he is a computer expert. He told me a very good way. I use this method also fixes a lot of common computer errors, I think you should try it, you only need 3 steps to fix windows vista crashing error:



1: Download a windows vista crashing error repair tool and install it.

2: Open windows vista crashing error repair tool and scan you computer for free.

3: Click fix button and you done. Enjoy it.



Download the top windows vista crashing error repair tool here:http://www.RepairErrorEasy.com/ttfix-win…

No comments:

Post a Comment