Monday, May 7, 2012

How should I check that which video card I have?

Are display driver and video card different components then each other? I know I have something like ati radeon xpress 200 series. I think it is much older now. How should I install new video card? I have ATI Display driver calling thing in my add/remove components.|||Display Driver and Video Card are the same components.



As for your question if you should install/buy a new video card, it depends on your satisfaction of your PC gaming performance. Does games seem to slow down in your PC especially the newer ones? Then buying and installing a new video could help improve that games performance.



Lastly, I do not suggest removing that ATI Display Driver in your Add/Remove Components, as this will remove the Video Card drivers in Windows, leaving your PC games unusable.|||open the pc and look at it|||why would you want to install a card that is already installed in your computer,are you trying to play head games.|||ATI xpress 200 is your integrated graphics processor (hardware) while ATI display driver is the software that makes your hardware work in Windows. Your ATI xpress 200 is good for 2D graphics but very slow in 3D when compared to discrete graphics card.



The ATI Xpress 200M chipset supports PCIe graphics card. When getting a new graphics card, make sure your existing power supply can cope with the requirements of the graphics card. Fast and powerful graphics card tend to have higher power requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment