Monday, May 7, 2012

Gateway M-6317 video card question: Please help!?

So, i'm not sure if I am posting this in the right category or not. I have posted on here before but didn't get the answers I needed so here it goes. I am trying to connect my laptop to my tv so that I will have a bigger monitor. My laptop has VGA out and my video card should support the tv out signal. The tv has RCA-Component. So, I ran the VGA from my laptop and plugged the Component cables into my tv. I know there is something you have to do on your computer to transfer so to speak the video onto your tv. I went in and changed it to "clone" monitor 1 and that didnt work. So then I chose to just use monitor 2(tv) that didn't work so well either. After adjusting the resolution, I could see a lil static and then I saw a flash on my computer screen on the tv then it started being flashes of colors and static with the computer screen showing every few seconds through all the static. Please help me be able to see this on my tv. And yes I know I need separate audio. I already have that cord too. Ready to go, if I can just figure it out. Thanks in advance.|||keep in mind that the resolution on your tv will be very different that you screen on your computer.....



and you may need a proper cable...vga to component video....i find that s video works well..but it is really dependent on what you tv will support..and what your video card will allow.... it could even be a positioning issue... like a extend desktop to this screen.... if you understand me..... pictures of your setup would help....



if you want me to help further just email me and i will see what i can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment