Friday, May 4, 2012

HD quality from DVI video card?

I'm building a computer and installing a blu-ray/HD dvd player to be able to watch on my system. My video card is an 8800 GTX with both DVI and component video out. My monitor takes DVI, HDMI, and component and says it plays up to 1080p with a resolution up to 1920 x 1200. My problem is that I've been reading up on DVI and people are saying that it can't output HD in 1080p/i (and wasn't clear on whether it even takes 720p). So my question is, are the newest DVI ports able to play HD, and if so just as good as HDMI? If not, would a DVI to HDMI cable help?|||DVI and HDMI support the same resolution quality. The only difference between the two is that HDMI also will carry sound. (That is a HDMI to HDMI, not a DVI to HDMI). Both HDMI and DVI have the ability to output well beyond 1080p. With a blue-ray/HD DVD player, and the setup that you have, you will be able to watch movies in 1080p. Theoretically if they came out with a movie player that would do 1200p, your video card and monitor would output it in 1200p.|||actually...with your video card/monitor setup you will effectively have 1200p. So, you will have no problem displaying a 1080i/p signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment