Friday, May 4, 2012

Is my video card fried?

Last night when I turned my computer on, the monitor said check signal cable or something. So I tried another monitor with my computer and it still said the same thing, so my monitor isn't the problem.



I'm afraid my video card is fried, however when I turn the computer on the fan on the GPU (or video card) is moving, and so is the power fan, as well as the CPU fan. The green power light on the mother board turns on, so I believe that all components are fine, but I could be wrong.



I'm too afraid of touching anything in my computer, as I do not want to break anything or cause any further damage (if there already is some).



Any advice is greatly appreciated.|||Do you have a way to check temperatures? I would highly suggest checking temps even with a handheld thermometer, if ANYTHING is above 70C or 158F, especially the video card, there could be a problem with the pwm system on it. Do you happen to know what video card it is exactly? And were there any beeps, or lack thereof during startup? Any intermittent shut downs?

No comments:

Post a Comment