Friday, May 4, 2012

Help building an HTPC. S-Video out or vga to component converter.?

I am thinking of building a Home Theater PC and am not sure which video out method is best in my situation. The TV I am using is a flat screen crt with both s-video and component video inputs - but not an hdtv. I plan on using it to record live shows, play divx and some gaming as well.

I have hooked up s-video cables to it before using nvidia and ati cards with an s-video out port, but of course the resolution is really grainy. I have been doing some looking online and am wondering if I should invest in a vga to component video converter? Has anyone had any experience doing this? I know the best solution would be to get a tv with a vga of dvi input but that is not currently an option.|||In that situation, you would be better off with using S-Video. The best thing would be to get a HDTV with DVI imputs. DVI quality is the best you can go with right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment