Friday, May 4, 2012

How can I tell if my video card supports TV out?

I want to connect my laptop to my TV, and I've seen a million little cables like this:



http://cgi.ebay.com/6-FT-VGA-to-3-RCA-Co…



but they all say: "NOTE: Your display system must support component video (Y, Pr, Pb) signal output function in order for the image to display properly. Please consult with your VGA card¿s user manual for more information..

NOTE: Specific TV-out feature on video card is required, please check with your video card output specification for compatibility"



How can I tell if my VGA output supports TV out? My laptop has an s-video port if that means anything, but I don't want to use s-video b/c the quality is terrible.



Thanks for your help!|||If it has an s-video port then it will support tv out 100%|||i've used a component from VGA - any VGA port will support this, i purchased another video card with 2 ports so i dont have to keep disconnecting the monitor which became a pain - http://www.computer-adviser.com/connecti…|||The cable is 7 dollars which isn't much. Just try and and see. If your using a laptop be sure to set it so you see the same thing on both screens. Because most of the time the vga is turned off on laptops :p|||Looks up your laptop model number on google for specifications

No comments:

Post a Comment