Friday, April 27, 2012

Video Card Compatibility?

I am planning to get a new video card for my Compaq Presario C771us laptop. Currently, my laptop has Intel GMA X3100. This is the first time I try to replace any computer component by myself so I want to know what kind of compatibility issues I should be aware of. I have read through some of the websites and learned about something like PCI-express and something about the power supply of the PCI. Where should I look for these information for my laptop? And do you guys have any recommendations on which video card I should get? (I am planning to get a new card because I am afraid that I will not be able to play the upcoming resident evil 5 on my laptop). Any answers are appreciated. Thanks in advance!|||You cannot upgrade the video card in a laptop without changing the whole logic board (which is usually not worth the cost).|||you cant put in/replace a laptop video card.



this is why desktops pwn all|||you should google your computer for the specs.

i know fersure that any intel graphics card is pretty weak.

i would suggest searching for a better graphics card in your price range and making sure its within the power supply range. if not you might have to replace the power supply too. ATI is cheaper and has unbelievable quality, but Nvidia has a long record of strong cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment