Friday, April 27, 2012

What Video Card is best for my computer?

Hi,



I have a Compaq that is about one year old, and I am wanting to upgrade it so I can play more demanding MMOs such as Lord of the Rings Online. I have a Compaq Presario SR5123WM and here is a link of the system specifications.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gener…



I was wondering what would be the best value Video Card that I could purchase that would be compatible with my computer and monitor. My budget is anywhere from $150-$250, but I'm willing to go higher if it is that much of a better value.



I have a general idea of what kind of card to get, but I would rather not purchase any card until I've heard advice from people who know a lot more than I do in this department. Any help would be deeply appreciated in regards to finding a better video card (or any other component of my PC that you see might be lacking). I bought this PC with the idea of upgrading it later so I hope it's fairly flexible.



Thanks!|||I would get a nice EVGA Geforce 8600 GT with 512 MB of RAM for around 109.99 USD, you will need atleast a 400w PSU, which would go well. I would get a Thermaltake TR2 PSU since they are one of the cheaper ones but good(I own a TR2 and got it for $45), or an Antec PSU. Since your case is probably a mATX all ATX PSU's will fit in it.

e-Geforce 8600 GT 512 MB

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.as…

Anymore questions, contact me and I will gladly help you.

Have a nice day

Ken|||Hi the major problem that your going to have upgrading the video card will be that compaq only has betweena 250-300 watt power supply. you will have to replace the power supply with at least a 500 watt.. I like antec power supplies.

I tend to like pny video cards they just have treated me well...





9600GT 512MB PCIe

Part No. VCG96512GXPB

$179.99



this is a decent card it's direct x 10.0 and open gl 2.1



the upgrade runs really is alot of faster



9800GTX 512MB PCIe 2.0

Part No. VCG98GTXXPB

$349.99



so there are some really descent ones. the power supply will needed to be upgrade

No comments:

Post a Comment