Friday, April 27, 2012

Help Selecting A Video Card?

I need help selecting a video card for a desktop I will be building. I know there are a lot of aspects when it comes to selecting video cards but i felt it would be easier if I explained what I would be using it for and build my way backwards for selecting components for the desktop. The desktop will be displayed off my 46' Sony LED Side light TV. I plan on using the desktop for playing videos to the TV programing and minimal gaming. So I don't want to overkill it and get a really expensive graphics card and I don't want under do it by getting a worthless video card. I also was hopping to be able to carry video and sound through the video card to my TV via HDMI. Thanks for your help in advance.|||PNY XLR8 nVidia Geforce 9800GT 1gig ddr3 EE . Comes with an spdif pass through cable for audio and vga to hdmi converter block So vid and audio through only 1 hdmi cable to tv. Needs 300 watt Power Supply. Will do all you need for your HTPC plans.|||i got a 4850 and it works fine for that kinda stuff i use it on my vizio tv all the time check it out on newegg.com|||I would recommend the nvidia 9800gtx

very good for HD video



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6044537&Sku=E145-9802%20PROMO|||Most of the newer generation Video/Graphics cards have HDMI incorporated

into them. With the newer HDTV it is recommended to use this format.

Reason the older Video cables tended to allow a burning of a ghosted

image to Television screens because of the difference in the Mghtz

oscillation. Monitors Oscillate at a lower rate.|||For playing 1080p HD video, any of the current crop of video cards with HDMI output will meet your needs easily. The only real need for more potent cards are for gaming or trying to do multiple BluRay playback. Such a card as the Radeon HD 5450 will run you ~ $50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



On the other hand, without breaking the budget, you can get quite a nice video card capable of playing some serious graphic games AND your HD video for ~$100 right now. The Radeon HD 4850 was a top-line game player last year, and still packs quite a punch. Just make sure you get one with HDMI output.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



A GeForce 9800GT would do about as well as the 4850, if you prefer nVidia cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment