Friday, April 27, 2012

Please read details! How do I make my computer "act like" it has a video card?

It does not have one. Since it is an old laptop, all that I can really upgrade are the battery and hard drive. ( In the way of hardware ) I have been reading about the DirectX SDK (Software Developement Kit), and downloaded it. I cannot tell which component has the "reference rasterizer", apparently the part I need. If you know of any better software, please tell me. I would also need to know how to use whatever it is I install. I just did google/yahoo searches to get started. Now I'm stuck. Links to sites would be good. Thanks!|||have you updated the graphic drivers, on board graphics can only handle so much



http://driverguide.com/

DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com|||It may not have a graphics "board" but it does have the graphic chips on the motherboard. Seems you need to find the latest drivers for your laptop model. Then if you go to Windows Update, it should offer the latest version of DirectX for your version of Windows.|||Virtual - hard drive, cdrom, cd-rw, dvd drives, network card are possible but I believe you should need an actual display card present physically. Since you are talking about a laptop it will have a display chipset.



The word Raster is related to way in which images are displayed on screen with pixel illumination. Raster scan is way in which these pixels are read, transmitted etc.



I believe you are trying to emulate a hardware acceleration using an old display chipset and may be you are getting some error. Identify the error experienced, check and download latest display drivers on manufacturer website and DirectX version available supported by your Operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment